How to get better health
1. Move more. Even small movements can make tremendous amounts of difference. Instead of using the remote, get up and change the channel. Simple, small things make long-lasting change.
2. Cut fat. Start by buying lower fat milk or trimmer meats. Those are two easy ways to start cutting back on fat, and you will never know the difference.
3. Quit smoking. Smoking has proven to take 10 years off of your lifespan. By quitting smoking you will feel better, have more energy, and loss that smokers a cough as well.
4. Reduce stress. This is a tough one and a big one for most people. Reducing your stress means either cutting stressful situations out of your life or dealing with stress differently. Incidentally, exercise can do both.
5. Protect yourself from pollution. If you work in a toxic environment, where proper ventilation gear. If you live in an area with lots of ozone warnings, stay out of the sun during the afternoon. An ounce of prevention as they say.
6. Wear your seat belt. Sounds simple, right? But a simple act of buckling a seat belt can not only save your life, but it sends a message that you care about yourself.
7. Floss your teeth. All dentist say it, and few American do it. Flossing can really affect not only your quality of life but also your lifespan.
8. Avoid excessive drinking. A wine a day can keep the doctor away, but a keg will move you next door to the undertaker. Binge drinking is a killer on your liver, and on your life.
9. Stay positive. A positive outlook on life is one of the major characteristics of healthy people. Focus on the good in life, what is going right, and let the negative thoughts pass you by.
10. Wear sunscreen. Skin cancer can easily be avoided with just a few ounces of sunscreen (prevention). Save yourself some heart, and skin, ache.
11. Baby step changes. Make small changes that you can and will do. Healthy lifestyle changes are about what you will and won’t do, not about what you can and cannot do.
12. Buy whole foods. Whole foods contain all the nutrients and vitamins that are often lost during processing. They also often contain much more fiber, which is key to weight loss.
13. Start each meal with a mixed green salad. This will not only help you get your vegetable serving, but it will also cut your appetite and you will eat less of the main (often calorie-laden) course.
14. Avoid corn syrup. It’s the plague. Corn syrup has been linked to heart disease and cancer. It is also a super sugar that ups your chances of becoming diabetic.
15. Buy a new pillow. Many people do not realize that their lack of sleep can often be correct by a $20 pillow. If you have to fold your pillow to keep your head up at night, toss it.
16. Take time to stretch. Stretching not only increase blood flow throughout the body which gives you energy, it also keeps you limber and aids in the release of serotonin (the feel-good neurotransmitter).
17. Eat more fiber. Fiber makes you fill fuller as well as aids in digestion. Slowly increase your fiber intake, do not do it all at once, of you will be sorry.
18. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is the big difference maker in life. A good nights rest helps you to feel better the next day and when you feel better and have less stress, you eat better as well.
19. Laugh. People who laugh for approximately 15 minutes a day tend to live longer, healthier, and happy lives. It can also help you lose up to 4 pounds a year, isn’t’ that a laugh?
20. Hug. The concept of the power of touch has been around for centuries. The act of hugging provides a sense of connecting and closeness that all humans need. It is also a great stress reliever.
21. Eat a least three balanced meals a day. Studies show that eating at least three balanced meals a day can curb that afternoon hunger and keep your metabolism high.
22. Ease up on the caffeine. Too much caffeine will run your nerves raw. It also has adverse long-term effects on your brain. Moderation is the key. If you have to have two pots of coffee a day, make sure the second one is decaf.
23. Enjoy a glass of wine. Red wine has been proven to lower risk of heart attack and coronary disease. Studies found this to be true with a glass of wine, not a bottle. Once again, moderation.
24. Let it all out. Have an emotional vomit session with someone. Keeping emotions in leads to emotional eating, which leads to depressed mood, which leads to more emotional eating…get the picture?
25. Focus on measurements, not weight. Actual weight varies from hour to hour and day to day. What is important is one’s waist size. For example, it is more important for a guy to have a waist size of 34 than to weight less than 200 pounds.
26. Do not drink to excess. Binge drinking wreaks havoc on the liver. Alcohol is also very high in calories. If you must drink, make it a light one, and don’t overdo it.
27. Get at least 30 minutes of activity a day. This can be walking, riding a bike, running, playing tennis or any other number of things. Get creative, you are probably already doing something active that you could increase the time on (and yes, house cleaning does count).
28. Think heart rate, not sweat. The myth goes that if you break a sweat then you are burning fat. That is not necessarily true. The true guide is your heart rate, get it up and get it up for several minutes in a row. Now that’s a work out.
29. Find your daily rhythm. Get into a rhythm for working out or eating meals. A healthy habit of working out first thing in the morning may be just the cure for that afternoon drowsiness.
30. Find a friend to work out with. But not a best friend. Working out with a best friend usually ends up in more talking and less working out. Take a walk. Getting out at least once a day to stretch your legs is great for the cardiovascular system. It is also a great mid-day stress reliever.
31. Enjoy the sun. The sun has many benefits, one of which is that it increases our mood and helps to fight depression.
32. Focus on the positive. Focus on what you did right or what you ate that was right instead of what you did wrong. Positive reinforcement leads to long-term change.
33. Drink plenty of H2O. At least eight, eight ounces glasses a day should do it. This is not only for overall health, but it also aids in digestion and will often cure that pesky afternoon stress headache as well.
34. Don’t fly to fads. Fads work, but only for so long. What you need is a lifestyle change, fads are expensive and change every season.
35. Join a group, online or in vivo. Having someone or some people to share your journey with will encourage you to stay at it even when the going gets tough.
36. Stay with fruits and veggies. You can never (or rarely) go wrong with a good mixed green salad or fruit bowl. They are packed with nutrients and fiber. They are the true superfoods.
37. Order a to-go box with your meal. Before you even begin munching down on that steak, cut it along with the side in half and put them in a to-go box. You will save money and calories this way!
38. Split a meal with a friend. Yet another way to save money and calories.
39. Drink water instead of soda. Replace one soda with a glass of water each day, or for every soda, you drink, drink a glass of water as well.
40. Take care of stress. Know your limits and listen to your mind and body. It will tell you when you’ve had enough. Rest, relax and take care of yourself. You are the only you that you have.
41. Get a checkup. See the doctor at least once a year for a good ole checkup. Especially as you age this becoming increasingly important.
42. Stick to fish. Fish is the wonder meat. Lean, mean, and full of protein. It also has the good Omega 3s that are so beneficial to our bodies.
43. The more colorful the better. This is a great rule of them whether you are eating out or at home. The more colorful a food is, the healthier it is for you. It’s a treat for your eyes and stomach!
44. Take time for yourself. If you meditate, do yoga, journal or pray. Spend time each day in one of these activities. They have been proven to lower stress and center your body and mind.
45. Exercise your brain. Read, do crosswords, or work riddles. Keeping your brain active is one of the best things you can do to ward off Alzheimer’s.
46. Green tea is good. Green tea is the wonder drink. As little as four servings a day can increase your metabolism and lower your stress.
47. Have a close friend to talk to. Everyone needs someone to be close to. Find that special someone to share your life with.
48. Park farther away. The few extra steps each trip can quickly add up to miles, which add up to pounds. A simple way to get more exercise everyday.
49. Take the stairs. If you work in a building with an elevator but only a few floors, take the stairs instead.
50. Eat high protein foods. High protein foods will make you fuller for longer and will stop those hunger pangs. You’ll be less urged to eat junk food and more inclined to eat healthier foods.
Tips for Starting a Healthy Lifestyle!
YAY! Thumbs up for more health style videos! 🙂 let's start off this new year healthy & happy! CLICK HERE FOR MORE HEALTH TIPS!
Lisa Nichols - Shift Your Mindset To Achieve Better Health
Get your personal development transformation for over 90% OFF and invite a friend for FREE! http://bit.ly/AbundantLifeProgram Get a FREE ticket to Speak ...
5 Simple Steps to Better Health
Get Infinite Waters Clothing Now: https://goo.gl/JYV7TV Feel Alive by Ralph Smart. Book Out Now: https://goo.gl/s2SSKc Personal Consultations: ...
LESS Breath: Better Health? | Mouth Breathing vs. Nasal Breathing
Get 10% off any purchase here: http://squarespace.com/WIL △Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WILearned △Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeverettlearned ( Bitcoin ...
6 Healthy Habits That Will Change Your Life
STAY CONNECTED// Twitter - https://twitter.com/kalynnicholson Instagram - https://Instagram.com/kalynnicholson13 Tumblr - https://Tumblr.com/kalynnicholson ...
The Raw Transformation Kit Will Give You Everything You Need To Lose All Excess Weight, While Eating Abundantly, Gaining Lots Of Energy, Getting Clearer Skin, Better Health, And Even Looking Younger! You Will Never Be Hungry Again!
A Step By Step System To Getting Better Results With Clients And How I Increased My Income By 50%. Learn How To Read The Facial Signs For Mineral Deficiencies , And How To Prescribe Tissue Salts For Improved Health And Wellbeing.
Pilates Exercise Photos And Detailed Descriptions For Back And Joint Pain Relief!
Get 24/7 Lifetime Access To 600+ Online Training Courses And Ebooks! Topic Includes Business, Internet Marketing, Weight Loss, Health, Beauty, Self-help...etc. Be Affiliate And Earn $178.2 Per Sale! Http://www.uni24x7.com/be-affiliate
Brand-new Low Carb, Low Glucose, High Fat Ketogenic Diet Program That Melts Away Fat, Supports Healthy Cell Function (mitochondria) That May Improve The Symptoms Of Or Even Reverse Disease And Other Health Afflictions. 75% Com Front-end.
A Total Of 889 Health Plr Articles For 5 Hot Health Niche Market Categories That Are Currently High On Demand. Market Niches Include Health Nutrition, Health Food, Health Diet, Natural Health And Health Supplement. A Must-have For All Online Marketers!!!
Fitness For You Is A 6-volume Fitness Training Package That Covers A Full Spectrum Of Physical Activities, From Yoga And Exercise For Children And Older People To Cardio And Strength Training Exercise.
This Book Takes A Focus On Building Up Health First And The Foremost And Then Losing Weight Comes Naturally. This Book Is Being Sold At A Promotional Price Of 39.95, You Can Find A Lot People Who Can Benefit From It. Lasting Weight Loss Can Be A Reality!
Massive 75% Commission To First 100 Sales By Affiliates - A Comprehensive Guide For Parents And Caregivers Of Children, Wanting To Raise Healthy, Happy And Robust Children.
A Unique Report With 140 Tested Home And Beauty Remedies Using Simple Vegetables. Use The Science Behind The Health Benefits Of Vegetables To Improve Your Health, Delay Aging And Cure Major Diseases.
Mental health services: How to get treatment if you can't afford itJune 5, 2018 - NBCNews.com
As the number of people diagnosed with mental health issues such as depression rises to new highs, the need for medical services to treat them is growing too. Approximately 56 percent of American adults with a mental illness do not receive treatment....
HealthWatch: Harmonicas for Better Health?June 12, 2018 - WeAreGreenBay.com
Therapists say playing harmonica exercises muscles needed to pull air in and push air out of the lungs. It also strengthens abdominal muscles for a better cough, helping patients clear the lungs. Researchers are measuring health benefits over a 12 week...
Health tips for men: Get on the right track to better health | Martin Health for YouJune 5, 2018 - TCPalm
Many men fall short when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. But that's not a good reason to put off making changes in your life that can help lower your risk of some serious diseases. For Men's Health Month, here are some tips to put you on the right...
Russia's HIV/AIDS epidemic is getting worse, not betterJune 11, 2018 - Science Magazine
Some federal health officials even question the term epidemic. “This is a very large and very serious epidemic, and certainly one of the few epidemics in the world that continues to get worse rather than get better,” says Vinay Saldanha, the Moscow...
Get Healthy Carson City: Men: It's time to rev up your healthJune 12, 2018 - Nevada Appeal
Start your journey to better health by taking small steps. Try one new positive behavior for the next six weeks and see how you feel. Consider saying "no" to super-sizing and "yes" to a healthy breakfast. Add at least one fruit and vegetable to every meal....
Going to the doctor in a group means better health for some patientsJune 2, 2018 - Washington Post
Traditional medical appointments had little effect on the 55-year-old's health. Then he was offered a way to spend more time with his doctor. Gardner seized the opportunity. “I needed to do something or I probably wasn't going to make it to 60,” he said....
Medical community could play a greater role in suicide preventionJune 11, 2018 - ModernHealthcare.com (blog)
But such an approach would require changes in the way much of the medical community views mental health disorders. Lingering stigmas regarding behavioral health among healthcare providers and patients have been a barrier in terms knowing the signs...
Is Dairy-Free Ice Cream Actually Better for You?June 12, 2018 - Health.com
Whether you're a part-time flexitarian, lactose intolerant, or a strict vegan, grab your spoon because it's now easy to find oodles of non-dairy options that lack animal products—but not flavor. Non-dairy is now the fastest RELATED: Is Ice Cream...
Meds, Mindfulness and Motivational Interviewing: Mental Health Care is EvolvingJune 12, 2018 - WKSU News
Part IV (June 18): Mental-health treatment can be expensive, and the financial incentives may be a barrier, rather than incentive. Part V (June 25): Police and the courts are increasingly on the front-line of mental-health care, and are getting better...